A LOW PREP First Day of School Getting-To-Know-You activity in which ALL of your students can participate! With clear, real life pictures and a question read aloud by the teacher, your students can hold up, point to, or even use their voice-output device to provide a “yes or “no response!
This First Day of School "Getting To Know You" activity is suitable for the classroom at home learning (distance learning)!
Please view our BUNDLES section of our TpT store for additional deeply discounted ready made bundles!
· 100 YES or NO Question Cards with one question on each full page card!
· Here are the questions!
1. Do you like to listen to music?
2. Do you like to dance?
3. Do you like to read?
4. Do you like to draw pictures?
5. Did you go to ESY over the summer?
6. Did you go to camp this summer?
7. Do you have a computer at home?
8. Do you like to go fishing?
9. Do you like to blow bubbles?
10. Do you like to go to the park?
11. Do you like to swim in the pool?
12. Do you like to eat ice cream?
13. Do you know how to ride a bike?
14. Do you know how to ride a skateboard?
15. Do you like to play video games?
16. Do you like to learn math?
17. Do you have a blue backpack?
18. Do you like to play with Play-Doh?
19. Do you ride a bus to school?
20. Do you like to drink milk?
21. Do you have an older sister?
22. Do you have a pair of scissors?
23. Are you buying lunch today?
24. Did you eat a big breakfast today?
25. Did you eat Cheerios this morning?
26. Did you wear shorts to school today?
27. Did you brush your teeth this morning?
28. Did you brush your hair today?
29. Do you feel happy to be in school?
30. Do you feel sad to be in school?
31. Do you know what a “quiet area” is?
32. Can you tell me one class rule?
33. Will you go to the bathroom if you need to?
34. Is your name Jordan?
35. Is your pencil sharpened?
36. Do you have long hair?
37. Do you walk to school?
38. Do you like to do karate?
39. Have you ever used a calculator?
40. Is this a classroom?
41. Do you see any friends in the class?
42. Do you know all of the days of the week?
43. Do you speak another language?
44. Have you ever been to the zoo?
45. Do you play a musical instrument?
46. Have you ever been on a sports team?
47. Were you born in this state?
48. Do you have a nickname?
49. Have you ever shoveled snow?
50. Can you say all of the vowels?
51. Should you pull this alarm when you walk own the hall?
52. Do you eat lunch in the cafeteria?
53. Do you have a locker at school?
54. Is this a lunch bag?
55. Do you always need to be first in line?
56. Do you see a stapler in the classroom?
57. Do you know where the letters are on a keyboard?
58. Do you have your own cell phone?
59. Can you write your name?
60. Do you like to do puzzles?
61. Can this baby be in your class?
62. Do you think they want the teacher to call on them (hands up)?
63. Can a dog be a class pet?
64. Do you have blue eyes?
65. Do you have gray eyes?
66. Are they working as a team?
67. Do you sleep with a teddy bear?
68. Is it okay to say hello with a high five?
69. Do you have brown eyes?
70. Have you ever lost a tooth?
71. Do you have braces on your teeth?
72. Do you go to school this way?
73. Do you like to eat chicken nuggets?
74. Do you go to sleep by 8:00 P.M.?
75. Can you hug a polar bear?
76. Do you need to go to the doctor?
77. Do you know your teacher’s name?
78. Are you happy to see your friends?
79. Do you know what this kind of desk is called? (carrel)
80. Do you see bricks on the outside wall of your school?
81. Do you know how to tell time?
82. Have you ever pressed a number button like this? (elevator)
83. Are you wearing any of these color buttons today?
84. Is there a lamp in your classroom?
85. Is there a Word Wall in your classroom?
86. Do you see this chair in your classroom?
87. Is there a tissue box in your classroom?
88. Do you like to paint?
89. Do you have nail polish on?
90. Would you give this flower to your teacher?
91. Do you know which months you go to school?
92. Do you need eyeglasses to see better?
93. Do you have a bow in your hair?
94. Do you like to eat pumpkin pie?
95. Do you like pepperoni pizza?
96. Have you ever been bullied?
97. Have you ever been very angry at school?
98. Did your teacher write anything on the whiteboard today?
99. Can you find this sign outside of a bathroom?
100. Is this where you put your homework?
· YES or NO “thumbs up” or “thumbs down” Response Cards to be placed on a craft stick OR for the student to hold up or point to.
· NOPE! Just print each full page Question Card! Do NOT trim. You may laminate cards if you wish to do so, or print on white card stock paper for durability. You may want to laminate the YES/NO Response Cards that your students will use (again, for durability).
· YES! If you only want to print a certain number of cards, you can do that easily. ALSO, if you have access to a white board or Promethean Board in your classroom, you can connect your computer and project each question as a whole group activity. Everyone can participate! Are you working one-on-one using this set as a language activity? Then, you can display each card on a computer screen.
Absolutely! Here are several IEP Goals that may be aligned with this activity:
1. Given a picture and a question related to a personal choice or preference, STUDENT will provide a “yes” or “no” response, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
2. Given a picture and a question related to a personal choice or preference, STUDENT will write or type a response, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
3. Given a picture and a question related to an experience which may occur during the school day, STUDENT will provide a “yes” or “no” response, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
4. Given a picture and a question related to an experience which may occur during the school day, STUDENT will write or type a response, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
5. Given a picture related to an experience which may occur in school, STUDENT will say what is occurring in the picture by providing up to three details, with 80% accuracy, in 4 out of 5 opportunities, by MONTH, YEAR.
6. Given a picture related to a personal trait, preference, or opinion, and a question read by the teacher/therapist, STUDENT will provide a “yes” or “no” response, in 4 out of 5 trials, by MONTH, YEAR.
7. Given a picture related to a personal trait, preference, or opinion, and a question read by the teacher/therapist, STUDENT will provide a “yes” or “no” response and provide a statement to support the response, in 4 out of 5 trials, by MONTH, YEAR.
If your teammates or co-workers would like to use this activity with their students, please encourage them to purchase additional licenses. ANY TYPE OF FILE SHARING VIOLATES OUR COPYRIGHT POLICIES AND ARE STRICTLY ENFORCED. The purchaser may print as many copies as he or she would like for their students ONLY. Your compliance is greatly appreciated.
**Please see all copyright and licensing rules included with each product.
If you EVER have ANY questions about this, or any of my products, please feel welcome to contact me at: DSinger@AutismEducators.com.
Thanks so much and enjoy!
Copyright © 2020AutismEducators.com. All rights reserved by author. This product is to be used by the original downloader onlyThis product may not be distributed or displayed digitally for public view, including fee-based teaching platforms (Outschool and similar fee-based platforms). Purchasing to assemble and sell or rent in a marketplace, to individuals, education institutions, or any other entity, is prohibited. This applies to residents of all countries. Failure to comply is a copyright infringement and a violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Clipart and elements found in this PDF are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Intended for classroom and personal use ONLY. See product file for clip art credits.
Follow AutismEducators.com on FACEBOOK
Follow AutismEducators.com on PINTEREST
Follow AutismEducators.com on INSTAGRAM