The beginning of the school year is all about building relationships within your classroom. While you learn about your students, they learn about you and their fellow classmates. This pack will assist in the “getting acquainted” process. It also makes introducing class and school rules fun, all while keeping your students engaged academically during those first few days of school.
The following activities are included:
• What I know about….. What I Want To Know about 1st Grade
• Compare/Contrast Venn Diagram – Kindergarten/First Grade
• Get Acquainted with Classroom Writing Sheet
• How To Be a Good Friend – Brainstorm Web/Writing Paper
• Find Someone Who……(Icebreaker Activity)
• Interview Outline for interviewing a friend along with final project. (several versions for differentiation).
• Graph and Tally Sheet (boys vs. girls)
• Place the School Supplies in alphabetical order
• Compare/Contract Venn Diagram – Lunch/Recess Rules
• I Can Make Good Choices (Washroom Rules)
• Awesome First Grader – Certificate for first day of school (Full Sheet or ½ Sheet)
First Grade First Days Getting AcquaintedSecond Grade First Days Getting AcquaintedThird Grade First Days Getting AcquaintedFourth Grade First Days Getting Acquainted
Be sure to download the preview for a closer look.