FIVE DAYS of editable, creative, and engaging writing lessons and presentations many of which are NO COPIES REQUIRED! Great for the start of year, for 5 fun Fridays, for a writing unit, or any day you want a high quality writing lesson that 's ready to teach.
These high quality writing lessons are scaffolded so they are easy for teachers to use and for students to successfully complete.
*If you already bought the ELA Back to School - TEN LESSONS
- These lessons were included!
- 5 Professional Common Core Lesson Plans (Editable)
- 5 Beautiful classroom presentation that guide you and students from warm-up to ticket-out-the-door! (Editable)
Some lessons also include:
- Graphic Organizer
- Assignment Handout
- Pre-writing Planner
- Grading Rubric
ALL MATERIALS are EDITABLE and can be used AGAIN and AGAIN!
CHECK IT OUT - Click on each lesson above to see detailed previews or read below for summaries:
- "Whip Story" - EVERY student must participate! Every student is busy during every moment of this fun, class building, writing lesson where the whole class depends on every student. NO COPIES REQUIRED!
- "Priorities Straight" - What better topic to discuss in the first week than priorities? In this critical thinking group lesson students must READ BIOGRAPHIES of 'real' people and determine how to set their priorities straight. Then students reflect on how they themselves prioritize.
- "If Walls Could Talk" - This is a lesson where students INTERVIEW an OBJECT. One of my favorite lessons - students work with a partner or own their own to create an interview with an historically important object. Handout Optional.
- "Letter Lesson" - Students brainstorm all the different types of letter writing. Then students create different types of letters. The power of this lesson is that you can teach it once and then let students know that this will be your Sub Plan for the REST OF THE YEAR. You could also re-use this lesson anytime you need to send a class thank you letter, at holidays, and etc. NO COPIES REQUIRED / REUSABLE.
- "Scaffold Story" - Students pick story components that they then have to fit together to make an organized story. Scaffolded to make the lesson accessible for all learners.
*BONUS - Peer Editing Sheet that keeps student responses helpful.
**BONUS - Some lessons include reusable grading rubrics and handouts.
***BONUS - Everything is EDITABLE for your flexibility and the potential to REUSE lessons with a little tweaking.
****Want all ten E.L.A. Teach-A-Day lessons in one bundle? CLICK HERE to see all TEN LESSONS.
Other Teacher's Best Products We're Proud of:
• Classroom Essentials:
- ELA RUBRIC BUNDLE
- SUB PLANS BUNDLE
- ELA 9-10 CLASSROOM ESSENTIALS BUNDLE
- EMERGENCY SUB PLANS
• Rhetoric & Persuasion:
- RHETORICAL APPEALS UNIT BUNDLE
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS EXAM
- ETHOS PATHOS LOGOS Multimedia PRESENTATION
- ADVERTISEMENT INVENTION PROJECT
- RHETORICAL APPEALS WRITING ASSIGNMENT
- PROPAGANDA & PERSUASION TEST
• Literary Terms & Lessons:
- 3-TYPES of IRONY BUNDLE
- IMAGERY & DESCRIPTIVE SENTENCES
- HARLEM RENAISSANCE POETRY EXPLORATION
- GOLDILOCKS & the 3 POEMS
• Final Exams and End of Course Materials:
- COMPLETE English 9-10 Final Exam
- COMPLETE English 11-12 Final Exam
- Self Evaluation Essay
- High School Final Exam Essay
We are glad to offer professional and time saving products that add to the amazing things you are already doing in the classroom. Teacher Power!
* FREE! How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
Head on over to the My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I always love getting positive feedback. Additionally the feedback gives you credits to use on your future purchases. A win/win!
* Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. Follow and get the heads up!