We all know the holidays bring drama. And who loves drama more than teenagers?
Talking Turkey offers FIVE Persuasive writing activities that are perfect for those two short days before Thanksgiving break.
Students analyze real world lawsuits
-A woman chokes on a turkey bone during Thanksgiving dinner
-A turkey flies into a windshield causing a car crash and lawsuit
- A man goes turkey hunting. But shoots another hunter.
- Two companies make and sell FAKE wishbones. Who has the right?
- A man claims he is knocked out by a frozen turkey at Walmart
You can't make this up!
Student analyze the facts and then use the DRAAW + C writing framework used in law schools across the country to write their argument. Who should win? What is the rule? What will both sides argue? How will this decision affect the world?
Give yourself a break! Talking Turkey requires LITTLE TO NO TEACHER PREP! It includes a 24 page PDF with 5 writing exercises and a 104 slide PowerPoint to accompany!
These lessons are very flexible.
- Do one as a guided lesson and then use the other lessons as independent work.
- Split students into different groups. Assign each group a different case.
- Go through all the lessons as an entire group (there are slides for EVERY case)
Keep students engaged in a fun and seasonal way!