We all know Valentines Day and romance bring drama. And who loves drama more than teenagers?
No Love Lost offers FIVE Persuasive writing activities that are perfect for keeping students engaged and excited!.
Students analyze real world lawsuits
-A woman's husband no shows their Valentine's Dinner date. She made a reservation for 2 and claims the restaurant treated her rudely for dining alone.
-A fist fight breaks out at a rehearsal dinner and a wedding is canceled. The groom sues the bride to return the 125k engagement ring.
- A man sues his date for 18 dollars after he says she texted through an entire movie.
- A wedding photographer sues a couple she photographed after they trash her online.
- A man sues a candy company because he says his Valentine's Candies aren't really kosher.
You can't make this up!
Student analyze the facts and then use the DRAAW + C writing framework used in law schools across the country to write their argument. Who should win? What is the rule? What will both sides argue? How will this decision affect the world?
Give yourself a break! No Love Lost requires LITTLE TO NO TEACHER PREP! It includes a 29 page PDF with 5 writing exercises and a 109 slide PowerPoint to accompany!
These lessons are very flexible.
- Do one as a guided lesson and then use the other lessons as independent work.
- Split students into different groups. Assign each group a different case.
- Go through all the lessons as an entire group (there are slides for EVERY case)
Keep students engaged in a fun and seasonal way!