Althea Gibson was an American tennis player and professional golfer, and the first black athlete to cross the color line of international tennis. In 1956, she became the first person of color to win a Grand Slam title.
*3 PDF FILES - 3 Flipbooks
* Varieties to fit different levels
* Clean layout and fonts
<< TYPE 1 >>
* for older or more advanced students
* for projects with more research
* side cascading style
1. BIRTH - When and where was she born?
Where did she grow up? When did she die?
2. EDUCATION - Where did she go to school? What was her education?
3. FAMILY - Write about her family life
4. 3 FACTS - write 3 interesting facts about her
5. OBSTACLES - what were the challenges and obstacles she had to overcome?
6. CHANGE - What did she want to change? What kind of ideas and beliefs did she have?
7. KEY EVENTS - Write at least 3 key events of her life
8. LEGACY - what were her accomplishments? What did he achieve and how did she change the world?
9. QUOTE - write your favorite quote by her
10. I LEARNED - What can we learn from (name) ?
What is it important to remember her?
11. SHARE - If she was alive today, what would you ask her? What would you tell her or show her?
12. I CAN - you can change the world too. What are some things you can do to create a better world like (name) ?
<< TYPE 2 >>
* for younger or less advanced students
* for activities or projects with less research
* completely vertical cascade style
* comes in unlined and lined versions (check preview for details)
1. EARLY LIFE - birthdate, place of birth
2. FAMILY & EDUCATION - family, education
3. ASK HER - my question
4. KEY LIFE EVENTS
5. 3 INTERESTING FACTS
6. LEGACY (for students to write achievements, honors, and accomplishments)
7. I CAN CHANGE THE WORLD (for students to write ways in which they can use and put into action what they learned)
Designed by Freepik