Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Gary Soto is an American poet, novelist, and memoirist. He wrote Too Many Tamales, Baseball in April, and Chato's Kitchen. His works mainly revolve around the realities of growing up in Mexican-American communities; in poems, novels, short stories, plays and over a two dozen books for young readers.
*3 PDF FILES - 3 Flipbooks
* Varieties to fit different levels
* Clean layout and fonts
<< TYPE 1 >>
* for older or more advanced students
* for projects with more research
* side cascading style
1. BIRTH - When and where was the author born? Where did he grow up?
2. FAMILY - Write about the author's family life. (parents, siblings, children, pets)
3. EDUCATION - Where did the author go to school? What kind of student was she?
4. HOBBIES - What are his hobbies and interests?
5. BOOKS - In what genre(s) does he write? List at least 3 books that the author wrote.
6. 3 FACTS - Write 3 interesting facts about the author
7. BECOMING AN AUTHOR - How did he become an author?
8. HONORS - Has the author received any awards or honors? What are some of his achievements?
9. BEST BOOK - What is the author's best book? Explain why you think so, and give a brief summary of the story.
10. FAVORITE - Choose your favorite character created by the author and describe their personality
11. QUESTIONS - What are 3 questions you would ask the author?
12. QUOTE - Draw a scene or character from a book, or portrait of the author. Below it, write your favorite line or quote by him.
<< TYPE 2 >>
* for younger or less advanced students
* for activities or projects with less research
* completely vertical cascade style
* comes in unlined and lined versions (check preview for details)
1. EARLY LIFE - birthdate, place of birth
2. FAMILY & EDUCAtiON - family, education
3. ASK THE AUTHOR - my question
4. BOOKS HE WROTE
5. 3 INTERESTING FACTS
6. CHARACTER I LIKE
7. MY FAVORITE BOOK