Leo Lionni wrote and illustrated more than 40 highly acclaimed children’s books. He received the 1984 American Institute of Graphic Arts Gold Medal and was a four-time Caldecott Honor Winner—for Inch by Inch, Frederick, Swimmy, and Alexander and the Wind-Up Mouse.
*3 PDF FILES - 3 Flipbooks
* Varieties to fit different levels
* Clean layout and fonts
<< TYPE 1 >>
* for older or more advanced students
* for projects with more research
* side cascading style
1. BIRTH - When and where was the author born? Where did he grow up? When did he die?
2. FAMILY - Write about the author's family life. (parents, siblings, children, pets)
3. EDUCATION - Where did the author go to school? What kind of student was he?
4. HOBBIES - What were his hobbies and interests?
5. BOOKS - In what genre(s) did he write? List at least 3 books that the author wrote.
6. 3 FACTS - Write 3 interesting facts about the author
7. BECOMING AN AUTHOR - How did he become an author?
8. HONORS - Has the author received any awards or honors? What are some of his achievements?
9. BEST BOOK - What is the author's best book? Explain why you think so, and give a brief summary of the story.
10. FAVORITE - Choose your favorite character created by the author and describe their personality
11. QUESTIONS - What are 3 questions you would ask the author?
12. QUOTE - Draw a scene or character from a book, or portrait of the author. Below it, write your favorite line or quote by him.
<< TYPE 2 >>
* for younger or less advanced students
* for activities or projects with less research
* completely vertical cascade style
* comes in unlined and lined versions (check preview for details)
1. EARLY LIFE - birthdate, place of birth
2. FAMILY & EDUCAtiON - family, education
3. ASK THE AUTHOR - my question
4. BOOKS HE WROTE
5. 3 INTERESTING FACTS
6. CHARACTER I LIKE
7. MY FAVORITE BOOK