The pack includes:
1- The Crimean War –who was involved and why, what happened and what the conditions were like.
2- The Journey to Scutari- how Florence Nightingale got to Scutari, why she went and what she did there.
3- Timeline of the Florence Nightingales life- simple pages showing the main events in her life.
4- Why do we remember Florence Nightingale?- what she did to make life in hospitals better and how she is remembered today.
· A long display banner
· A display border which can be printed as many times as you need for a display board of any size
· A time line from Early Britain to the modern day with picture cards and dates including a card for The Crimean War and for Florence Nightingales life- great to give children an idea of the place in history and also to use for other topics
· Colour photos of a modern hospital- great for displays and discussion
· Pictures of Scutari hospital
· Word cards with topic words relating to Florence Nightingale
· Word cards with topic words relating to hospitals and nursing
· Question cards about the Florence nightingale and her life- great for discussion and to add to displays
· Sequences of event cards- A4 posters showing simple pictures and details of what happened in Florence Nightingales life
· Sentence writing worksheets- write about Florence Nightingale and a modern day nurse
· An acrostic poem
· Word mat- an A4 word mat with words relating to Florence Nightingale
· Writing pages- various A4 pages with decorated borders to use for writing activities
· A collection of worksheets to use as a starter to the topic such as what makes a person famous?, What do we know already about Florence Nightingale and what do we want to find out and the hospital in Scutari
· Question worksheet- questions for children to answer about Florence Nightingale and her work
· Word searches- two word searches with topic words to find
· Newspaper report sheets- various worksheets to write newspaper reports
· Order the statements- cut and order the statements about Florence Nightingale
· Make the sentences- find the correct beginning and endings of sentences about Florence Nightingale
· Order the pictures- cut and order the pictures of Florence Nightingales life –these could be made into a book to write about each picture
· What would you ask Florence Nightingale worksheet
· A work book cover to keep the topic work together
· Fill in the missing words worksheet
· What did Florence nightingale take to Scutari- draw and write about the different things she took and why
· Blank map for children to draw on Florence’s journey to Scutari
· Various writing prompt worksheets