This product is used as a culminating activity to any fraction, decimal, or percent unit! It is differentiated for grades 3-6. Students will rotate through a variety of food related centers. In each center, students practice critical math skills all centered around fractions. This product includes 6 different centers. They centers can also be used as whole group instruction as well. Skills that are reviewed are equivalent fractions, reducing fractions, fractions to decimals, fractions to percents, addition of fractions, subtraction of fractions, and cooking skills! This file includes:
- A sign to get kids excited
- Letter home to parents
- Center Directions
- 2 Versions of the brochure for the centers. Students will record work in the brochure
- 3 versions of FRACT-O!---fraction bingo
The 6 centers are:
- Fraction Snack: Divide your paper plate into different fractions to build your snack
- Skittle Fractions: How can Skittles help you add and subtract fractions?
- Fraction Cookies: Reduce fractions to lowest terms to create a recipe for no bake cookies
- Fraction Punch: Create your own punch recipe that equals exactly 1 1/2 cup
- FRACT-O: Fraction Bingo
- Fraction Hats: Using the supplies, make a creative hat that shows your favorite fraction
This file is also included in the Fun with Fractions: A yearlong 3 Minute Review.