Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Our Freak the Mighty Unit Teaching Package has 192+ pages and slides of engaging activities. Learners will enjoy the rigor and creativity in these standards-aligned resources built from best practices.
NOVEL: Freak the Mighty by Rodman Philbrick
LEVEL: 5th - 12th
TOTAL: 210 slides/pages
Pacing Guide and Answer Keys included
Save $$$ and buy the bundle. »»» Print Version »»» Digital-only Version (coming soon...) »»» Combo Version (coming soon...)
What other teachers are saying about this literature unit:
♥ I love it! Just what I need to get the kids thinking and have good directed conversations.
♥ This is a very thorough unit resource. I'm excited to use the activities with my students.
♥ My students LOVED this novel study! It allowed for my students with Autism to organize their ideas and use their creativity!
♥ Love this book, and this is the perfect, no-prep student work to go along with it.
♥ Thank you for this thorough resource that was able to engage and assess the very diverse learners in my sixth grade class! I appreciate all the hard work you've put into your materials! Thank you!
♥ I love the layout of this product! Thanks so much for making it teacher and student-friendly!
»»» MEETS COMMON CORE STANDARDS «««
LITERATURE PLAN CONTENTS:
- answer thematic questions to get students thinking about the novel
- 12-page/slide activity
- students think about superheroes' strengths and weaknesses and consider themselves as a superhero like Freak the Mighty
- 2-page activity
- organize the 6 parts of the plot
- 1-page organizer & Answer Key
- Students analyze the 6 different types of conflict in stories
- 1-page organizer & Answer Key
- analyze the main characters using novel quotes
- 5-page organizer
- analyze the main settings using novel quotes
- 1-page organizer
- Students analyze the 6 different symbols in the story
- 8-page organizer
- 1/2 writing assignments to spur much deeper conversational thinking
- 46-question PowerPoint
- We set out to make the most helpful, most compelling, most graphically attractive teaching resource for you to introduce your learners to all the various figurative language. This 70+ slide PowerPoint will help you introduce how every many you need to teach your level of learners.
- analyze and complete 96 figures of speech specific to the novel
- 12-page bundle
- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, Hyperboles, Analogies, Personification, Onomatopoeia, Puns, Symbols
- a 5-question pop quiz per 5 chapters
* 16-slides of PowerPoint Quizzes & Keys
* 20-pages of Printable Quizzes & Keys
- The purpose of these is so students who read the chapters recently would ace the quiz and students who didn't read recently would not do well.
- 60 vocabulary words from the novel
- two 30-question lists & quizzes
- 8-page Bundle includes list of words, quiz, and answer keys
- 3 persuasive essay options for students to choose from; optional delivery of essay as a speech
- Includes essay and speech grading rubrics
- 6-page bundle
- 2-page Worksheet
- Students compare & contrast the movie and novel
*** 210 pages / slides total ***
NOTE: Every Freak the Mighty PowerPoint includes both the PowerPoint Show and the customizable .ppt file.
Enjoy FREAK THE MIGHTY! Be Mighty!
»»» OTHER FREAK THE MIGHTY AWESOMENESS
> Digital 1:1 Complete Unit (coming soon...)»»»
> Digital-Print Combo Unit (coming soon...)»»»
»»» OUR VAST NOVEL UNIT LIBRARY:
> We've got 35+ more complete novel units for you, ready to save you precious time and sanity so you can have your life back to do what you do best ... teach!
»»» POETRY UNITS:
»»» Bored w/ Teaching GRAMMAR?
> Introduce your learners to The Grammar Ninjas!