- Product Description
Help struggling older readers master phonics and decode words more quickly. Don't try this supplemental "game changing" method if you are required to teach reading a specific way. This is a unique supplemental approach, that uses just five colors to indicate short, long, silent, schwa, or other. If readers know consonant sounds but struggle with decoding, color hints will greatly increase their confidence! My late mother invented this approach; most kids' reading level improved a year or more when tutored just two hours per week for 13 weeks!
• Overview and History of Reading With Color
• Color Hints Poster
• 3 Blackline Masters and Activities
• 40-Day Plan (20 word lists to use in sequence for 2 to 5 days each). Purchase the Vowel Twist Cards if you would like picture and word cards for the same 20 lists.
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Great technique for my struggling readers!
• Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
• My low readers began doing better ... and my higher readers took off ...
• This method is much easier than I expected it to be.
ALSO SEE SIGHT WORD BINGO BUNDLES
THEMATIC BINGO RESOURCES
• Bundle for Small Groups: Phonics Bundle About Snacks (Jelly Beans, Peanuts, Pretzels).
POSTERS WITH MINI BOOK & WORD CARDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
REFERENCE RESOURCES & MORE
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources.