HOW CAN COLORING HELP WITH PHONICS?
If traditional methods haven't worked, try this! Help students analyze and trace vowels in one of five colors to indicate short, long, silent, schwa, or other. Use this method for students who struggle with sounding out words. My late mother invented this approach for tutoring struggling readers; most kids' reading level improved a year or more when tutored twice a week for 13 weeks!
This resource previously provided only the free Color Hints poster. It was expanded in March of 2018, so please take a look!
• Overview and History of Reading With Color
• Color Hints Poster
• 3 Blackline Masters and Activities
• 40-Day Plan (20 Word Lists to Use in Sequence for About 2 Days Each)
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
• Great technique for my struggling readers!
• Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
• Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
• My low readers began doing better and my higher readers took off ...
PHONICS BINGO RESOURCES
• FREE Sample Phonics Bingo About Kittens: Learn Vowel Sounds
• Bundle for Small Groups: Phonics Bundle About Snacks (Jelly Beans, Peanuts, Pretzels)
• Snack-Themed Bingo Sets & Word Cards (32 Unique Print/Digital Cards):Jelly Beans
, and Pretzels
• Animal-Themed Bingo Sets & Word Cards (32 Unique Print/Digital Cards): Kangaroos
POSTERS WITH MINI BOOK & WORD CARDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• THEMES: Foods
, Numbers and Shapes
, and School Supplies
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
REFERENCE RESOURCES & MORE
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
• Vowel Activities: There Is a Bird on Your Head (24 words from Mo Willems Book)
• Vowel Twist Cards for Reading Intervention (Sequences Sets of Words/Pictures)
If you like this resource, please become a Follower in order to find the store back easily and get notified about sales and new resources. More are coming out soon!