Links the study of the sense of touch with exploring the role of adjectives in language.
Each page features an opportunity for children to:
1. Glue/attach a piece of a material
2. Trace the name of the texture used
3. Paste or write adjectives that describe the materials--A "Talking about Textures" page is included which lists over 30 adjectives students can use to describe their materials.
---> Also includes:
* a blank page so you can use a material not listed
* a "my favorite texture" page
Thanks for downloading!
Addresses Common Core Standards:
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.1.a-- Students will print many upper- and lowercase letters to complete the book.
* CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5.a--Students will sort materials into categories (e.g., soft, rough) to gain a sense of the concepts the categories represent.
*CCSS.ELA-Literacy.L.K.5.b--Students will demonstrate understanding of frequently occurring verbs ("is") and adjectives by relating them to their opposites (antonyms)--such as soft v. rough.