FREE AP Biology Review PowerPoint Biochemistry Macromolecules Organic Compounds
Also included in
- The amount of material that is covered on the AP (Advanced Placement) Biology exam is often overwhelming to our students. The key to success is review, review, REVIEW! Several months before the AP Biology exam, I begin to run through these short powerpoints to start my students on the road to reviewPrice $39.99Original Price $64.50Save $24.51
This is a question and answer Review PowerPoint for Advanced Placement (AP) Biology that covers biochemistry, macromolecules, and organic compounds. The amount of material that is covered on the AP Biology exam is often overwhelming to our students. The key to success is review, review, REVIEW! Several months before exam, I begin to run through these short PowerPoints to start my students on the road to reviewing for the exam in May. Each slide in this review PowerPoint consists of one question followed by the answer. As the exam approaches, I spend 10 to 15 minutes each class period reviewing these questions. Keeping previously taught material fresh in the mind of the student is key to scoring well on the AP exam.
This is not a teaching PowerPoint. This PowerPoint would not be suitable for teaching the material for the first time. Each Review PowerPoint slide consists of a question followed by the answer.
Please note the following:
- The review PowerPoint does not contain any essay questions or teaching tips for writing the essay questions.
- The questions cover the biology content that AP students need to know. Students must master the content in order to apply what they know to the problem-solving and critical-thinking AP multiple choice questions. The questions are not optimized for specific types of multiple choice questions that might appear on the new version AP exam.
- No multiple-choice questions are included. Each slide has one question followed by the answer.
- No materials from the College Board or old AP exams are included.
This review powerpoint contains 72 slides with 72 questions and answers. It covers the following:
- Organic compounds: Definition, types of organic compounds, elements that compose the organic compounds, the role of carbon, carbon backbones
- Characteristics of carbon
- Functional groups: Definition of function group, functions of function groups, hydroxyl, carbonyl, carboxyl, amino, sulfhydryl, phosphate
- The building blocks of organic compounds: sugars, fatty acids, glycerol, amino acids, and nitrogen bases
- Polymer principles: macromolecules, polymers, monomers, dehydration reactions, hydrolysis reactions
- How to identify and recognize each monomer
- Carbohydrates: general structure, type of sugars, structural and storage polysaccharides, starch, glycogen, cellulose, chitin, glycosidic linkages
- Lipids: general structure, hydrophobic, hydrophilic, saturated and unsaturated, uses of lipids, phospholipids, waxes and cholesterol.
- Proteins: general structure, amino acids, levels of protein organization, uses of proteins, denaturation of proteins, peptide bonds
Other AP Biology Review Powerpoints Include:
AP Biology Review: Water and Its Properties
AP Biology Review: Carbon and Organic Compounds
AP Biology Review: Cell Structure and Function
AP Biology Review: Cell Membrane Structure and Function
AP Biology Review: Introduction to Metabolism
AP Biology Review: Cell Communication
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Cellular Respiration
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Photosynthesis
AP Biology Review: Mitosis and the Cell Cycle
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Meiosis
AP Biology Review: Mendel and the Gene Idea
AP Biology Review: Chromosomal Basis of Inheritance
AP Biology Review: DNA and Replication
AP Biology Review: Transcription and Translation
AP Biology Review: Classification and Phylogeny
AP Biology Review Powerpoint: Viruses
Test Prep for AP Biology Exam: Bacteria and Archaea
Test Prep for AP Biology: Fungi and Protists
AP Biology Review: Introduction to Animal Development
AP Biology Review: Invertebrates and Vertebrates
AP Biology Review: Human Anatomy and Physiology
AP Biology Review: Animal Behavior
AP Biology Review: Plants, Plants, Plants!
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
I would love to have you follow me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com