FREE ART LESSON from Artist & Art Teacher Renee in Cambodia. :)
Here are my examples of Hand Painted Photography and the steps to teach this lesson in ART.
1. Home Work Assignment of printing a photograph that you will be painting right on top of. I had my teacher's aid enlarge to A3 size or students bring color already enlarged to class. B & W fine.
2. Look at the art of Ron Burns- Animal Artist. He uses different colors in the background and on the faces of animals. Encourage students to be inspired by this (use his artist website to project his art big for all to see). www.ronburns.com
3. Squeeze out a pallette of all rainbow colors ACRYLIC PAINT for each student along with white, black, tissue a fat brush and a thin brush. Smock./apron encouraged.
4. Start with background colors thick like VanGogh (too watery or thin layer of paint will wrinkle and rip the paper). Use the thick brush and test the colors you mix on scrap paper of do a page TITLED- Experimenting with ACRYLIC on the side.
5. Give students a count down for finishing the background so they may move to the thin brush and fine details in time to finish class.
Give 5 minutes for clean up! Waa-laa- a masterpiece is easily created!
Can be given as a gift & is popular in the USA now! Hand Painted photography! Have fun doing Art- Teacher Renee :)
*Great CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!! :)
FREE ART LESSON on youtube:
How to Paint a Butterfly by Renee
More examples also on artbyrenee.weebly.com