This free product includes 6 pages that a part of my product called "American Colonies Unit- 43 Pages!" You can purchase the ENTIRE product by clicking on My Products.
Description of ENTIRE Product:
43 pages of activities to supplement your American Colony Unit!
Fun Activities that will creatively engage every student in your class!
Information covered in this unit:
- the three sets of colonies (Mid-Atlantic, New England, and Southern) and their geographyclimate
- some important settlements: Jamestown, Roanoke Island, Georgia, Plymouth Plantation, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts Bay Colony
- types of colonists and the political/social life of each area of the colonies.
- ALL content can EASILY by changed to fit your specific lessons and standards.
This packet includes:
- Unit Overview (a simple sheet for parents to keep at home on the fridge that provides and overview of your unit)
- Detailed Teachers Notes to help you implement each activity.
- Create-Your-Own Newspaper
- 13 Colonies Map
- Costume Day Project
- Create-Your-Own Colony Art Project
- Create-Your-Own Market (ties in economics)
- Should We Tax? Debate Activity
- Letter Writing Activities (ties in Language Arts to your S.S. lesson)
- Vocabulary Quiz
- Study guide questions
- and many, MANY other worksheet and activities!
***All pages can be edited to fit your state's standards. Pages are currently aligned with VA Standards of Learning.
***You can also visit My Products to see my Explorers Unit and Native Americans Unit***
I love to find creative, inventive ways to teach and pass them along to other teachers. Check out my other products for more great tools!