Here’s a brain break for your eyes!
Brain Breaks are not just fun, brain breaks are a must for health and behavior management—a quick and easy way to reset mind and body…and refocus attention on the task at hand.
You can do this brain break at any time: before, during or after a lesson to refocus attention.
Try this brain break every day for a week, and you might be surprised at how quickly your eyesight improves, you can read small print, see things far away, and you remember to blink and relax your eyes!
Have you noticed that more kids wear eyeglasses now, and at a younger age? Computer and TV screens “glue” the eyes, so they don’t move in a healthy way. Eye exercises are a must for eye health, and not just for kids!
TECH TIP: You may print this JPEG in color or grayscale and post it in your class as a reminder to practice frequently. Or, you may open it on your SMART BOARD, for a large focal point as you do the exercise.
I hope you enjoy this…and if you would kindly leave your rating and feedback at
Teachers Pay Teachers: Brain Breaks for Your Eyes
it would be greatly appreciated!
© 2014 Renee Dawn - Please respect the copyright
If you’d like to try my packet of BRAIN BREAKS FOR THE 5 SENSES
It’s here: Teachers Pay Teachers: Brain Breaks for the 5 Senses
And it includes…
• 67 Brain Breaks for the Senses
• The brain breaks appeal to all the senses and modes of learning—visual, audio, tactile and kinesthetic, as well as olfactory and taste.
• The Brain Breaks for my Eyes, Ears, Nose, etc., allow kids to actively explore their senses.
• Included is an MP3 of the energizing song, “Hello World,” which engages all the senses (Song Length is 2:15).
• The non-MP3 songs allow kids to brainstorm ideas, which they can pantomime as they sing. Kids can also jog or jump to the beat of the song.
• The Eye Exercise and Listening Chants can be done daily, as they promote awareness and health.
• The Health Chants are calls to action, and kids can repeat the lines as they act them out.
• Mother Goose and More are amusing takes on the classics to sing and pantomime. They include fun Q&A that are sophisticated enough get students of all ages thinking, and are common core aligned.
• The Anatomy Pictures are perfect to display, or to copy and color.
• The “I Pledge” Sentences are health reminders and may be read in short sections by the teacher and repeated by the kids as a call and response.
• Kids may also draw things they like to see, hear, etc., on the “I Pledge” pages.
• BONUS 1: Venn Diagram to compare and contrast eyes and ears (answer key included)
• BONUS 2: “Brain Break Conversations” are great 1-minute-mind-breaks.
BACK TO SCHOOL –
FOR SUPER SAVINGS, YOU MIGHT LIKE:
Kindergarten Back To School Mega Bundle – Lessons, Tips, Rules, Sight Words, CVC Words, Counting Songs, Behavior Management and Bulletin Board Displays
You might also enjoy…
The Perfect Lesson Plan: checklists, charts, cheat-sheets, tips, class posters, lesson plans and lesson plan templates for K – 5
Substitute Teacher Kit: In-Depth Guide and Dozens of Printables for Kids
First Days of Kindergarten Teacher’s Kit
First Days of Kindergarten Bundle
School Rules Pack
How to Tie a Shoe: Photo Tutorial
Nursery Rhymes: Creative Writing and Bulletin Boards
Counting Songs for Relaxation and Behavior Management
Sight Words Songs, Crafts and Printables
School Rally Song MP3—Personalized with your School’s Name!