Icebreakers can play an important role in helping students integrate and connect with one another in a group environment. Icebreakers can also enhance your teaching by helping to stimulate cooperation and participation. They can provide positive momentum for small group study and discussion by:
• Helping a new class get to know one another.
• Helping new members to integrate into a group.
• Helping students feel comfortable together.
• Encouraging cooperation.
• Encouraging listening to others.
• Encouraging working together.
• Encouraging students to break out of their cliques.
• Developing social skills.
• Building a rapport with staff.
• Creating a good atmosphere for learning and participation.