Also included in
- This Reading Games Fiction Bundle includes three formats (print and 2 digital) with 10 interactive games that target key reading comprehension skills using 3rd grade literature. You’ll love using this reading game in literacy centers, for independent work, for whole-class games, and for test prep.Th$25.00$36.00Save $11.00
This FREE Character Traits Game for 3rd graders includes three formats (print and 2 digital) and will give your students interactive practice determining character traits using a fun game format. This reading activity works well for literacy centers, independent work, whole-class games, and for test prep.
The three formats, print, Google Forms, and interactive PDFs give you lots of flexibility in teaching and learning options! The Google Forms format is a great NO PREP, self-grading, and gathering data option. The interactive PDFs can be used on most digital learning platforms including Google Classroom™, but can also be downloaded to a student’s device and played off WiFi! Kids still enjoy the hands-on print task cards for partner or small group games
Here’s what it includes:
32 Ice Cream Scoop Character Traits Stories
32 Ice Cream Cone Task Cards with Matching Character Traits
Google Forms (4 smaller sets for easier assigning)
PDF Interactive Digital Games (4 smaller sets for easy assigning)
Center Directions for Students (Includes an editable version too)
Detailed Teacher Notes
Getting Started Guide for How to Assign Interactive PDF Games
SAVE MORE and GET MORE with the 20 Reading Games: Fiction and Nonfiction Bundle!!! (Click Here)
Why you'll love this resource:
- This reading game is carefully aligned to cover the character traits reading standard!
- This game gives your students concentrated practice in a format that seems less overwhelming than large passages.
- Your students will enjoy playing the game!
- There are editable directions, so you can decide how you'd like your students to play.
- The Google Forms are NO PREP, SELF-GRADING, and provides data for you.
- The interactive PDF version is NO PREP, self-checking, and gives students immediate feedback.
- The multiple-choice format makes the print version easy to grade.
- There are so many ways to use the game, from literacy centers, whole class game times, one on one work, exit slips, to test prep, and more!!!
- The reading game is Common Core Aligned but has no Common Core notations and coordinates well with a number of different sets of standards including TEKS and VSOL.
This resource targets the following: Describe characters in a story (e.g., their traits, motivations, or feelings) and explain how their actions contribute to the sequence of events. RL3.3
This Character Traits Reading Game is also part of the 10 Reading Games Fiction Bundle for 3rd Grade.
These games are included in the Fiction Games Bundle:
Interested in the 10 Nonfiction Reading Games Bundle?
Here are the nonfiction games:
Need another grade?
If you'd like to read more about how to teach Character Traits for upper elementary students, click here.
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star above.
Thanks so much,
©The Teacher Next Door™
Feel free to share this freebie with other teachers, but please do not post it anywhere online. Thanks for your understanding!