This print-and-go song pack includes the lyrics to 7 (public domain) Christmas songs that are related to winter and Santa (versus more straightforwardly religious themes).
*As always, you know your district and students better than I do. I know not all schools and/or students celebrate Christmas, so use this activity accordingly.*
- Deck the Halls
- Jingle Bells
- Jolly Old St. Nicolas
- Up On the Housetop
- We Wish You a Merry Christmas
- 12 Days of Christmas (shortened & full version)
Included on each page are the frequently occurring phonemes to target within each song. (Psst- Almost every song is good for /s/ and /r/, even if it’s not listed!)
This product is recommended for students who are old enough to read, and is meant to be a quick, fun activity across a variety of goal areas. Various ways to use these songs are listed in the product and below.
- Print a song for each student.
- Read aloud and highlight target sounds.
- Race to see who can find & say the most target sounds in their song.
- Race to see who can find ALL of their target sounds first (versus who has the most).
- Read the songs aloud in a serious/silly/Santa/elf/etc. voice.
- Read while practicing fluency techniques for smooth speech.
- Use context clues to determine the meaning of unknown words.
- Pre-select vocabulary from the songs and find synonyms/antonyms.
- And more!
This free activity is perfect for the last week before Christmas. Have fun. Sing carols. Laugh together. Enjoy yourselves, then have a wonderful Christmas break!