FREE DNA Text Reading Watson Crick DNA Article
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on DNA, RNA, and Protein Synthesis includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Resources include a 120-slide PowerPoint presentation packed with colorful and interesting photographs and images, teacher notes, printable and diPrice $49.99Original Price $67.69Save $17.70
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
This free DNA Informational Text reading is based on Watson and Crick's famous one-page article published in 1953 in Nature magazine, announcing their discovery of the structure of the DNA molecule. It comes with graphic organizers to help your students read and understand this classic scientific paper. Choose to use the traditional printable version, or the paperless, digital Google Apps version. Both Google Slides and Google Forms versions are included.
This is a fantastic way to implement the Common Core State Standards of reading informational text into your science curriculum. Students will read the one-page paper and complete a 4-page set of graphic organizers. Each graphic organizer page can be used alone or in combination with the other pages.
This article and accompanying graphic organizers are perfect for:
- Classwork or homework assignment.
- A quick and ready lesson for your substitute folder.
- Early finishers.
- Any Common Core lesson on information text.
Included in this product:
- Watson and Crick Paper
- Copyright Information
- Teacher Guide and Instructions for Use
- Printable Four-page Set of Graphic Organizers
- Teacher Answer Key
- Paperless Digital Version for use in Google Drive, Google Classroom, and /or Microsoft OneDrive
- Google Slides Version (not editable)
- Google Forms Version (editable)
If you are implementing Common Core State Standards into your class, this is a marvelous (and short!) piece of informational text to use with your students.
The graphic organizers look best when printed in color, but print perfectly fine if you print using the grayscale setting on your printer.
All of my free products can be viewed by clicking this link:
Related resources include:
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
You can find me at these locations as well: