Also included in
- If you're on the looking for picture writing prompts you can use any time of year, this is the bundle for you! You get 370 picture writing prompts for your elementary, middle school, or special education classroom. This means you can use two prompts a day as morning work in your room. If you are usi$30.00$37.00Save $7.00
These 15 FREE picture writing prompts are a great way to engage your upper elementary, middle school, or special education students with a quick, easy activity. These require NO PREP, so they make a great last minute resource. They are perfect for your 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, or 8th grade students.
This file is meant to be downloaded and then projected on an overhead for the class. It is only available in widescreen format.
You also get all 15 images with an EDITABLE option. This is a PowerPoint file that you can edit to better fit your classroom or homeschool needs. Simply delete the text and verbally give instructions or type in your own writing prompts.
WHAT YOU GET:
- 15 picture writing prompts in PDF format
- all of the picture writing prompts above with an EDITABLE option where you can write your own text in PowerPoint format
- Four response cards for students (in case you want a printable option) in PDF format
HOW CAN THESE PUZZLES BE USED?
- Writing centers, stations, or rotations
- On days when you are short on time for a writing lesson
- On days where students have lost focus and you still want to squeeze some writing in
- When you want to take a break from a larger writing project, but need something engaging to fill the time
- In the special education classroom where too many words or images can overwhelm
- These also could work for Virtual Learning, eLearning, Distant Learning (or Distance Education), e-learning, Online Learning, or Remote Learning situations.
TEACHERS WHO HAVE USED THIS RESOURCE HAVE SAID:
- Coming soon!
OTHER RESOURCES YOU MAY ENJOY
- 370 Picture Writing Prompts for ANY time of year!
- My Year Round Picture Writing Prompts BUNDLE (summer, fall, winter, & spring included!)
- All my Language Arts resources for 3rd-5th grade students
These 15 picture writing prompts are meant to be a fun way to engage students in the writing process. You get 15 different picture writing prompts to choose from, each asking one of four prompts:
- If..., what...
- Tell a story about...
- Tell the story of what happens next...
You also get an EDITABLE PowerPoint file so you can type out your own text. This gives you even more options with the 15 prompts included, meaning you could potentially use them multiple times to focus on different types of writing.
These work great for writing centers, on days where your writing time is cut short (late starts and early releases, anyone?), when students have lost their focus, or when you want to take a break from a bigger writing project. They can also be used in a special education classroom where you want to keep the writing simple and not overwhelming.
In my classroom I used our Interactive Writing Notebooks for students to record their responses. But I have also included three printable options for your needs. The three half sheets are the same, but the line spacing is different. There is also a full size response sheet.
There are not any rubrics included in this download. I would sometimes grade on completion, sometimes focus on a specific skill or goal (vocabulary or punctuation), and othertimes skip the grading. (Because I was laughing too hard at the student responses! Those days I called it a community building.)
Give these a try with your second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh, or eighth grade classroom or homeschool students. You're sure to bring some fun into the day!
LOVE WHAT YOU SEE? Click here to follow my store. You'll get email notifications of sales, new items, FREE downloads, and more.
Thanks for looking!