Reinforce types of polar life with this adorable reader. It will add plenty of pizzazz to your polar life studies! Read this predictable booklet during circle time, in shared reading, in your literacy center, with your whole class, and with small groups, too.
This is a sample from
Polar Life Songs and Rhymes
Appropriate for use in Daycare, Preschool, Kindergarten, and Homeschool. I hope you and your students enjoy it!
To make this booklet, each child will need:
1. A set of the half-page booklet pages (pages 3 - 6).
2. Art supplies – scissors, pencils, crayons (or alternately use thinned paints, stamps and pads, white sticky dots for snow, doilies (cut bits out for snowflakes), construction paper scraps & glue).
1. Have each child cut out and stack the booklet pages in order. Staple along the left side. Have her color the picture and write her name on the title page.
2. Direct students to color the pictures on each page (or watercolor or fingerpaint!).
3. On the final page, have each child draw a self portrait and surround themselves with snowflakes!
4. A fun way to complete this reader is to use a different art technique on each page. For example, use crayon resist with white crayons and thinned paint, glitter glue, cotton balls, doily snowflakes, fingerprint snow with thinned, white paint, use puffy paint, etc.
You might also like:
Pets Songs and Rhymes
Ocean Life Songs and Rhymes
Pond Life Songs and Rhymes
Follow me for more ideas!
All rights reserved by author. This product is for your classroom or personal use. You may reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues provided there is both credit given to me as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your presentation or post. You may not claim this work as your own, modify the files in any way, or remove the copyright. You may not sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale.
Clip art and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. Thank you!