FREE Enzyme Catalase Lab Activity
Also included in
- This complete teaching unit on "Biochemistry: The Chemistry of Life" includes everything you need to teach this unit to your life science or biology students. Many of the resources are available in BOTH printable and digital formats. Resources include an 88-Slide Powerpoint presentation packed witPrice $45.99Original Price $60.45Save $14.46
- Five of my best-selling complete teaching bundles are included in this one Super-Mega-Bundle! This bundle includes all of the PowerPoints, notes, labs, task cards, homework assignments, review games, quizzes, activities, and unit tests that you need to teach complete and comprehensive units on cellPrice $195.00Original Price $261.84Save $66.84
- Nothing generates excitement like a great lab activity. Whether the topic is cells, biochemistry, genetics, mitosis, or the compound microscope, these 15 Must-Do Labs will ensure your students master the concepts. From DNA to dichotomous keys to enzymes, this bundle provides quality lab activities oPrice $37.00Original Price $48.99Save $11.99
- This complete teaching bundle on Enzymes, Catalysts, and the Chemical Reactions of the Cell teaches important concepts such as the role of enzymes in cells, activation energy, substrates, active sites, and the lock and key hypothesis of enzyme functioning. Detailed list of topics is found below.It'sPrice $31.00Original Price $39.73Save $8.73
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
FREE Biology lab on enzymes. The title is "Catalase: An Enzyme Common to Both Plants and Animals." Students will compare and contrast the action of enzymes to that of catalysts.
Click this link to view all of my FREE products
Catalase is an enzyme that is commonly found in plant and animal tissues. The function of the enzyme catalase is to break down the chemical hydrogen peroxide inside living cells. Because it is toxic, or poisonous, hydrogen peroxide would soon kill the cell if it were not removed or broken down immediately.
In this lab, the enzyme catalase will be compared to the catalyst manganese dioxide. Catalysts are similar to enzymes in that they speed up chemical reactions, but they are not specific for just one reaction.
Related Resources Include:
Biochemistry and Macromolecules Complete Unit Bundle
Enzymes Color By Number Activity
Biochemistry PowerPoint with notes for teacher and student.
Biology Buzz Words: Biochemistry and The Chemistry of Life
Lab: Testing for Organic Compounds in Foods
Lab: Release of Heat in an Enzymatic Reaction
Biochemistry Homework Assignment and Study Guide Worksheets
Biochemistry quizzes--Set of 2
Biochemistry Jeopardy Review Games - Set of 2
Lab: How Do Cells Deal With Changes in pH?
Test: The Chemistry of Life (Biochemistry)
Enzymes and Catalysts and Chemical Reactions: PowerPoint with Notes for Student and Teacher
Enzymes and Catalysts Homework / Study Guide
Lab: The Effect of the Enzyme Amylase on Starch
Enzymes, Catalysts and Chemical Reactions Crossword Puzzle
Enzymes and Chemical Reactions Graphing and Critical Thinking Worksheet
Enzymes and Catalysts Quiz / Test
Enzymes and Catalysts: Jeopardy Review Game
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store:
My TpT Store: Amy Brown Science
You can find me at these locations as well:
My Blog: Amy Brown Science.com