Exponents (a basic introduction) "doodle notes" -
When students color or doodle in math class, it activates both hemispheres of the brain at the same time. There are proven benefits of this cross-lateral brain activity:
- new learning
- relaxation (less math anxiety)
- visual connections
- better memory & retention of the content!
Students fill in the sheet, answer the questions, and color, doodle or embellish. Then, they can use it as a study guide later on.
- base and exponent
- exponents as repeated multiplication
- how to simplify an expression with an exponent (with practice problems)
- dealing with exponents with a negative base (This part is just a small strip at the bottom that you can cut off if your class does not cover negative numbers.)
Check out the preview for more detail about this item and the research behind it.
You might also like:
Fraction Operations - Golf Game
Fractions: "Choose Your Own Journey" Book
Prime Factorization GridWords