This product comes from the historical figure graphic organizer set
for the following individuals:
- Paul Revere, Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, Mary McLeod Bethune, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Eleanor Roosevelt, Thurgood Marshall, Lyndon B. Johnson, and César Chávez
This is the specific graphic organizer for Frederick Douglass.
For each historical figure graphic organizer, Students will:
- List important decisions the historical figures made
- Identify where they lived and when
- Explain the obstacles the historical figures had to overcome
- Describe the positive character traits the historical figures demonstrated
- Identify the accomplishments of the historical figure
- Identify where the student found their information
The historical figures graphic organizer aligns to the following Georgia Standards of Excellence:
SS3H2: The student will discuss the lives of Americans who expanded people’s rights and freedoms in a democracy.
1. Paul Revere (independence), Frederick Douglass (civil rights), Susan B. Anthony (women’s rights), Mary McLeod Bethune (education), Franklin D. Roosevelt (New Deal and World War II), Eleanor Roosevelt (United Nations and human rights), Thurgood Marshall (civil rights), Lyndon B. Johnson (Great Society and voting rights), and César Chávez (workers’ rights).
2. Explain social barriers, restrictions, and obstacles that these historical figures had to overcome and describe how they overcame them.
SS3CG2: The student will discuss the character of different historical figures in SS3H2a.
1. Describe how the different historical figures in SS3H2a display positive character traits of cooperation, diligence, courage, and leadership.
2. Explain how the historical figures in SS3H2a used positive character traits to support their beliefs in liberty, justice, tolerance, and freedom of conscience and expression.
3. Explain how the historical figures in SS3H2a chose when to respect and accept authority.
Check out my other famous historical figures materials in my store:
- Historical Figure 3rd Grade Graphic Organizer Set
- American Freedom Fighters Pre/Post Assessment for 3rd Grade
- assessment for Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, and Mary McLeod Bethune
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Please leave feedback for this product. Your comments are appreciated and welcomed!
Check out other resources in my store
You can contact me with any questions or concerns at email@example.com