Fun Fact Cards are a quick, flexible, colorful and fun way to expand your unit!
Start building interest in your topic each morning with these fascinating fact cards that go beyond the basics
Enjoy this FREE sampler set that features one card from each of my current 20 different Fun Fact Card sets.
One teacher shared:
“My kids are addicted to reading these facts cards every morning. If I forget to read one, they are sooo quick to remind me. And the parents are learning too! During conferences, I had many parents tell me how much they had learned from their children when we read the apple and pumpkin cards. Thanks!”
These cards are used multiple ways by teachers in many grades.
I love reading about all the different ways teachers use them in their classroom!
Quick Fun Fact
– Read the fact card each day and store them in a small basket where the students can look at them again and again. Or keep the set on a ring.
Fact of the Day Bulletin Board
– Read a fact each day and display the cards on a special bulletin board or foam board.
– One teacher displayed them on the hallway chalkboard outside her door so many students and adults could read them.
Calendar Pocket Chart
– Put a fact behind each number on the calendar and have a different student take it out each day. You can then display on bulletin board.
– Put the cards on a wall map with a string that points to where it ties in.
– Create two sets and use for a game of Go Fish.
– Create two sets and use for a Memory Game.
– Use the cards to create a Scavenger Hunt.
School Bulletin Board
– One kindergarten class had two students take the fact of the day down to the office each morning, “teach” the fact to the office staff, and then display the cards on the office bulletin board for everyone in the school to see.
The cards are 3x3 and there are 6 on a page.
I made them small so they easily slide behind your date cards on the calendar pocket chart. They are also a good size for small hands if using them for a game. I also made them smaller to find the balance between making them colorful, but not taking too much ink when you print them.
The cards are unnumbered so they can be used in any month and in any sequence.
You can use all the cards in the set or only a portion. This provides maximum flexibility for the teacher's schedule.
Use one set all month or use parts of two sets depending on your needs.
Also included is a hyperlinked list of the relevant websites where the facts were located.
Here are all of the Fun Fact Cards currently available!
Animals of Africa
Arctic and Antarctic
Australia and New Zealand
Black History Month
Chinese New Year
Christmas Around the World
Flowers and Plants
Insects and Bugs
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Reptiles and Amphibians
Rocks and Minerals