This FREE resource helps clarify the middle school curriculum for Grades 6-8. Common Core domains are color-coded with icons for quick reference. Grade 4 and 5 are included because it helps to know prior-grade expectations. Also download a FREE Math Goals Checklist for Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, or Grade 8. Each list comes with a catalog of fun games and other related resources. If you have a Pinterest board and want to remember this resource, use the last thumbnail as a pin.
• You'll get an easy-to-print color-coded overview poster. It shows Common Core cluster statements along with unique icons that make it easy to find related content across grades.
• Read DOWN in a colored area to see the related domain topics from grade to grade. Read ACROSS to see the content for a specific grade.
• For each grade, you'll be able to preview a color-coded poster of student-friendly goals aligned to the clusters.
• Two letter-size pages are formatted to display side-by-side.
SEE BELOW FOR CARD SETS (Great for math stations or small groups!)
The 4-character code for each card set stands for the grade, domain, cluster, and goal number from the FREE Math Goals Checklist with links above. Everything in this store is VERY organized to match what you need for Common Core standards. HINT: Jot down these codes to use later as search terms.
GRADE 4 CARD SETS
• 4A13: Solving Simple Equations
• 4B11: Multiplying and Dividing by 10 (FREE)
• 4B13: 6-Digit Numbers in Expanded Form
• 4F11: Equivalent Fractions on Number Lines
• 4F11: Equivalent Fractions with Square Models
• 4F21: Mixed Numbers on the Number Line
• 4F21: Mixed Numbers and Fractions: Thirds
• 4F25: Decomposing Fractions
• 4F32: Adding Fractions in Tenths and Hundredths
• 4G13: Acute, Right, and Obtuse
• 4M16: Inches, Feet, and Yards on a Number Line
• 4M17: Rectangles with Equal Areas
GRADE 5 CARD SETS
• 5A11: Expressions with Parentheses
• 5B16: Understanding Thousandths
• 5B14: Understanding Powers of Ten (FREE)
• 5F11: Equivalent Fractions with Square Models
• 5F12: Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators
• 5F23: Multiplying Unit Fractions Using Models
• 5F23: Multiplying Fractions Using Area Models
• 5F26: Dividing Unit Fractions by Whole Numbers
• 5F27: Dividing Whole Numbers by Unit Fractions
• 5G11: Understanding Coordinates
• 5M33: Understanding Volume
• 5M35: Expressions for Volume
GRADE 6 CARD SETS
• 6E11: Understanding Exponents
• 6E26: Inequalities on a Number Line
• 6N12: Dividing Unit Fractions by Unit Fractions
• 6N23: Multiplying Decimals Less than 1
• 6G11: Understanding Area of a Triangle (FREE)
• 6G17: Lengths and Coordinates
• 6G18: Nets for 3-Dimensional Figures
• 6G19: Understanding Surface Area
• 6R17: Unit Fractions as Decimals and Percents
• 6R17: Eighths as Decimals and Percents
• 6R18: Finding the Whole from a Part and Percent
• 6R19: Finding a Percent of Number
• 6R19: Percents of Numbers Greater Than 100
• 6R19: Finding More Than 100% of a Number
• 6S13: Understanding the Median
• 6S14: Understanding the Mean
GRADE 7 CARD SETS
• 7E11: Simplifying Linear Expressions
• 7E12: Expressions for Percent More and Less
• 7G22: Circumference & Area of Circles
• Playing "A Round" with Pi: 4 Sets for Circumference, Perimeter, Area
• 7G25: Volume of Rectangular Prisms
• 7N11: Adding Integers Using Chips
• 7N11: Adding Integers on a Number Line
• 7N12: Relating Subtraction of Integers to Addition
• 7N13: Distance Between Integers on a Number Line (FREE)
• 7N24: Relating Division of Integers to Multiplication
• 7N24: Multiplying Integers on the Number Line
• 7R12: Equivalent Rates
• 7R21: Tax and Interest
• 7S33: Simple Probability
GRADE 8 CARD SETS
• 8E11: Understanding Integer Exponents (FREE)
• 8E14: Understanding Square Roots
• 8E14: Understanding Cube Roots
• 8E15: Scientific Notation
• 8E31: Equivalent Equations
• 8E42: Models for Linear Functions
• 8G18: Angle Relationships
• 8G22: Length of the Hypotenuse
• 8G23: The Pythagorean Theorem and Coordinates
• 8G31: Volume of Cones
• 8G32: Volume of Cylinders
• 8G33: Comparing Volumes of Spheres, Cones, and Cylinders
• 8N12: Fractions as Repeating Decimals
OTHER POPULAR RESOURCES FOR GRADES 4-8
• COMMON CORE MATH STANDARDS POSTER SETS: Grades K-8 or Grades 4-8. Get one poster per grade level showing all goals organized by cluster.
• MATH CARD GAME BUNDLES: Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, and Grade 8.
• BASIC FACTS CARD GAME BUNDLES: Multiplication Facts (8 Sets), Multiplication and Division Fact Families (9 Sets), Division Facts (8 Sets).
• MATH REVIEW BUNDLES: Grade 4, Grade 5, Grade 6, Grade 7, and Grade 8. For each grade level there are 4 parallel review packets that can be used to check progress. Questions are correlated to the student-friendly math goals.
Please FOLLOW this store to be notified of future products. Also, this FREE product took much time and effort to create. If you like it, please leave feedback and tell others. Thanks for looking!