This Holidays Around the World for Older Kids: Italy Freebie comes in both PRINT and DIGITAL and is a great way to integrate reading strategies and social studies concepts while learning about another country's traditions during the month of December. Your students will be engaged as they learn more about the Christmas holiday in Italy
It includes: (Print and Digital)
A Traditions from Italy Passage with Comprehension Questions
A Map of Italy with Map Skills Questions
A World Map and Italy’s Flag
A Scrapbook Page to Record Key Facts
Detailed Teacher Notes
A Teacher Notes for Digital with Links
PLEASE NOTE: This Italy mini-unit is also included in the very complete Holidays Around the World for Older Kids!!! It comes with a total of 18 different country mini-units, as well as a trifold Holidays Traditions research unit, which will keep your kids happily learning before Winter Break.
Why you'll love this resource:
- Your students will enjoy learning about the traditions of Italy!
- It comes in print and digital for Google Classroom™ and can be used on many top educational platforms. There is a step by step set of instructions on making an assignment that's included if you need it.
- It's an easy way to incorporate social studies with reading.
- It's a huge time saver as everything is print and go and the paperless version is ZERO PREP!
- If you're feeling especially ambitious, you can add art projects, music, artifacts to share (if you or the students have any), and Italian food (How about gelato or biscotti?).
- It can be used in a number of ways, for guided reading, center times, as independent reading, and even as homework.
Looking for more holiday resources? I really love this Christmas Literacy Set for 4th and 5th graders! It includes reading passages, reading skills worksheets, writing activities, poetry, and more!!!
If you'd like to find books which will help share Christmas and Holiday traditions from around the world, you might like this post:
Finally, if you like my work, I would love for you to follow me by clicking on the green star at the top of the page.
Thanks so much!
©The Teacher Next Door™
Feel free to share this freebie with other teachers, but please do not post it anywhere online except to assign it to students on a password-protected site like Google Classroom. It may not be placed anywhere else on the internet, on a class or school website visible to the public, or on a district server without permission. Please email me if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.