This resource is designed to help students strengthen their reading, writing, and analyzing skills while simultaneously learning about 24 incredible, brave non-binary people. The journal is designed with 24 unique informational text articles (one for each featured non-binary person)! Each article is paired with comprehension questions and a variety of activities and projects.
+++ Save money $$$ by purchasing the bundle. The bundle includes Women, Men, and Non-Binary +++
This resource (currently) includes:
- 24 classroom posters (as seen in the preview) in varying sizes-- 8x10, 10x12, and 8.5x11
- 24 informational text articles (one for each inspirational non-binary person)
- Teacher directions
- Editable PPT file
- LGBTQ+ flag graphic organizer
- Doodle notes
- Annotation guide
- Comprehension questions
- Identifying main themes graphic organizer
- #InstaSUMMARY activity
- Inspiring art project
- Exploring career paths
- Goal setting exercise
- Defining success activity
- Activism project
- Autobiography essay
- Research biography essay
- Compare & contrast partner activity
- Rubrics ARE included
Several ways to use this resource with students
- Assign each student a person and have them complete the same activities and projects.
- Assign each student a person and have them CHOOSE from the activities and projects.
- Give all of the articles to students and allow them to CHOOSE the person that appeals to them.
- Split students into small groups. Assign each group a different person. The group will then split the projects and activities accordingly among members.
I would suggest spending 2-3 weeks on this unit, depending on the length of time you have available with students.
These unique articles were written for the sole purpose of building students’ analyzing and comprehension skills.
***These make excellent sub plans as well!
- Amandla Stenberg
- Angel Haze (Raykeea Raen-Roes Wilson)
- Jeffrey Marsh
- Indya Moore
- Jacob Tobia
- Bethany Meyers
- Pidgeon Pagonis
- Jill Soloway
- Alok Vaid-Menon
- Ruby Rose
- Maia Kobabe
- Janae Kroc
- Sam Smith
- Jonathan Van Ness
- Lachlan Watson
- Ser Anzoategui
- Jaden Smith
- Lori Rodriguez
- Jamie Windust
- AC Dumlao
- Ezra Miller
- Zuri Moreno
- Dana Zzyym
- Chandler Wilson
NOTE: For the editable version, you'll need to use the Silver South Serif and Silver South Script fonts (or use your own fonts).
+++ Comprehension questions & projects included for each article +++
Please download the preview for more information. The preview provides images of the informational text journal pages in action.
Connect with Me
SuperHERO Teacher Blog
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Snapchat: Superheroteach
If you like this product, please leave feedback!