Quick assessment to be used at the end of a measurement unit on length using non-standard units of measurement such as cubes, paperclips, or blocks.
- Comparing two objects and identifying the shorter or longer one
- Ordering objects in order from shortest to longest and longest to shortest
- Measuring items using cubes and identifying its length
- Choosing which non-standard unit would be the best choice for measuring a shoe
- Determining which of three objects match a given length when given a "ruler" using paperclips
K.7 Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to directly compare measurable attributes.
1.7 Geometry and measurement. The student applies mathematical process standards to select and use units to describe length...