Students read sentences then face off in epic battles of rock, paper, scissors in hopes of making it to the king/queen and winning the crown! Download this fun, exciting language game for a great way to get your students reading and speaking!
- Can be used to practice reading/speaking for any vocabulary, grammar point, or key sentence
- Great for ESL/EFL or foreign/second language learning
How it Works (Download the PowerPoint for a visual explanation):
- Choose up to 6 students to be knights and 1 to be the king/queen. Give them each a sentence paper and have them stand in the front of the classroom as follows: Kn-Kn-Kn Ki/Qu Kn-Kn-Kn
- The rest of the students are ninjas and make two lines in front of the knights at the ends of the left and right sides.
- When the game starts, the first ninjas in line approach those knights. The knights first read the sentence on their side of the paper, then the ninja read theirs on the other side of paper.
- After reading, the knight and ninja do rock, paper, scissors.
- If the ninja loses, they have to go to the back of the ninja line.
- However, if the ninja wins, they move on to the next knight in line (moving towards the king/queen) and repeat the process.
- The goal is for the ninja to win against all the knights between them and the king/queen.
- Once reaching the king/queen, they repeat the process (read then rps), and if they win, that ninja becomes the new king/queen!
- The game then continues as new kings/queens come into power until the teacher decides it to be over.
This game template has been created as a fun, animated PowerPoint and extra notes on how to play have been provided in the "Notes" sections of each slide. To make your job as easy as possible, all you have to do is edit the words/sentences with the vocabulary/key sentences from your classes and the game is ready to play! This PowerPoint is merely used as a way to help explain the game to students in a clear and visual manner as the game itself needs no other materials than the sentences printed on paper. This PowerPoint has been tested on both Windows and Mac. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out.