FREE Lab Equipment Skills Lab
Also included in
- Science Skills Mega Bundle: Graphing, Concept Mapping, Scientific Method, Metric System, Scientific Measurement, Lab Safety, Significant Digits, Analyzing Data, Graphic Organizers, Scientific Notation, Scientific Writing, and More!After many years of teaching, I have come to realize that what my stPrice $100.00Original Price $152.90Save $52.90
- This complete teaching unit on "Introduction to Biology" includes everything you need to teach the first unit of the year to your life science or biology students. Lab Safety, Scientific Method, Graphing, Microscopes, Characteristics of Life, and more is covered by this unit, and resources are avaiPrice $45.99Original Price $59.23Save $13.24
- This NO PREP, PRINTABLE, EDITABLE, AND DIGITAL Biology Curriculum contains everything you need for an entire year of Biology! For less than $3 a day, you can save your time, energy, and sanity. Each of the 20 Complete Units includes a teaching PowerPoint presentation, notes, labs, homework assignmenPrice $535.00Original Price $982.16Save $447.16
This is a laboratory activity that covers the proper use of 5 basic pieces of lab equipment: The Celsius thermometer, the graduated cylinder, the quadruple (or triple) beam balance, the metric ruler, and the Bunsen burner. Set up in a lab station-style setting, this activity will teach, review, reinforce, and provide practice on the correct use of these essential pieces of lab equipment. Students will also review data tables, line graphs, bar graphs, and circle graphs.
Topics covered by this lab:
- The Celsius Thermometer
- The Graduated Cylinder
- The Triple or Quadruple Beam Balance
- The Metric Ruler / Meter Stick
- The Bunsen Burner
- Tabling, Graphing and Analyzing Data
- Making a Line Graph
- Making a Bar Graph
- Making a Circle Graph
This lab can be used with any type of science class that does lab work and with students in grades 8 through 12. I have found that the students in my classes have very different skill levels. I use this lab to ensure that all students are quickly familiarized with my lab and learn (or review) how to use basic pieces of lab equipment. Students will work with this equipment and answer basic questions. Students will construct a data table, a line graph, a bar graph, and a circle graph.
Your download will include:
- Two versions of the lab.
- Version 1 is a paper-saving version. Students will complete their work on their own notebook paper.
- Version 2 provides spaces for students to complete their work on the lab handouts.
- Teacher Guide contains tips and suggestions for implementation of the activity as well as a complete teacher answer key.
Related Products Include:
Science Skills Mega-Bundle of 61 files.
Intro to Biology: A complete unit plan of 20 products
Pre-Lab Worksheet for any Science Lab
Introduction to Science: 34 Warm ups, bell ringers, or inserts for science interactive notebooks
The Ultimate Lab Safety Bundle for Science Teachers
Chemistry Chat: A First Day of School Chemistry Lab Icebreaker
FREE Science Lab Inventory Form
Metric System and Dimensional Analysis Powerpoint
Lab: Using a Graph to Find Area
Introduction to Biology: Scientific Method, Graphing, Themes of Biology, Microscope
Microscope Powerpoint with Notes for Teacher and Student
Scientific Method Homework / Study Guide
What's In a NAme? (A Study of Biological Prefixes and Suffixes)
Science Skills Worksheet and PowerPoint: Comparing and Contrasting
Graphic Organizer for Writing Science Lab Reports
Metric Measurement Task Cards - Set of 90
For updates about sales and new products, please follow my store: