Do you ever find yourself asking students to be specific about their character descriptions, only to find out that they are way too attached to the words “nice” and “friendly”? I created this product to help teach students a variety of specific character traits, with a progression of traits from Grade 2-4.
This product helps teach vocabulary while students read closely to find examples of character traits.
This document includes:
- “No More Mr. Nice Guy!” Character Traits master page for each grade level
- Two character trait examples pages with definitions for each grade level
- Two character trait examples pages without definitions for each grade level
- Student example sheet for all character traits
- Interactive notebook option for any character traits students find in their reading
Other ideas for this product:
“My Examples” pages can be used as notebook inserts, for literacy centers, etc. Students can look for these traits as they read throughout the year.
Character Trait Examples pages can be cut apart to use as a matching activity. These pages are differentiated. The first page does not provide the definition of the character trait, and the following page does.
Be sure to "follow me" to receive freebies and to be notified of 50% off new products for the first 48 hours!
Visit my blog: One Lucky Teacher
Follow me on Facebook
Find me on Instagram