FREE 90 Minute Lesson Plan: The Habit Loop! This lesson is great to teach students how habits are formed and how habits are broken (or replaced with healthier habits). I created this when I was teaching The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens. HOWEVER, it is original material and in NO WAY directly associated with The 7 Habits!
In this download you'll receive:
* Detailed 90 minute lesson plan
* Daily inspirational quote related to habits (can serve as discussion and/or writing
* DOL (daily oral language): One paragraph grammar/mechanics exercise + teacher
* Link to video explaining how habits are formed & broken/ aka "the habit loop"
* Link to article about the habit loop: written by Charles Duhigg
* Habit Loop handout: reflection activity instructing students to identify one habit
they'd like to break, specifying the cue, routine and reward associated with that
* Exemplar Habit Loop handout completed
THESE RESOURCES ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN MY LIFE STRATEGIES FOR TEENS 17 WEEK BUNDLE AND MY FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN UNIT HERE: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Life-Strategies-for-Teens-The-Five-People-Bundle-17-WEEKS-of-Lesson-Plans-3722862
Keywords: Sub Plans, Social-emotional health, emotional intelligence, 7 Habits for Teens