Good listening is an important life skill and is significant for language development and reading. Good listening and auditory discrimination is needed for blending and segmenting sounds for phonics and reading.
This FREEBIE is a sample of the listening activities pack that will help children identify the differences in sounds and build their auditory skills.
Students will scan the QR codes and click the link or click/touch the MP3 file boxes to hear an animal sound and complete the activities (Adobe Reader is free and works fine). A teacher sound card and answer key is also included. The teacher card is labeled and has all 9 animal sounds.
- QR CODE REQUIRES Wi/Fi.
- BE SURE TO SCAN THE QR CODE IN YOUR CLASSROOM TO ENSURE YOUR SCHOOL DISTRICT DOES NOT BLOCK THE WEBSITE THAT HOSTS THE QR CODES OR SOUND FILES HOSTED ON SOUNDCLOUD.COM
THIS FREEBIE HAS 3 LISTENING ACTIVITIES
•Listen & Guess – Introduction to the animal sounds.
•Many animal sounds are similar and can be tricky to identify. Hearing the sounds and accurately identifying them before implementing these activities will increase success.
•Listen & Color – Like Bingo, but they color the animals instead of cover.
•Listen & Find – A listen and movement game with great visuals!
INCLUDED IN THE FREEBIE LISTENING ACTIVITIES PACK SAMPLE:
- Directions for each game.
- 9 Individual QR code sound cards
- QR code sound card sheet
- QR code answer key
- 9 MP3 sound clips in a PDF (5 versions)
- 9 MP3 sound clips in a PDF teacher version
- MP3 sound clips answer key
- 9 Wild Animal Posters with animal names.
- 5 Wild Animal Color in Bingo Cards (black and white)
Perfect for a listening center, in pairs, small groups or class activities.
Laminate the cards for multiple uses and durability.
If you would like the full resource, check out it out HERE.
The freebie is a sample of the full resource and contains some of the same pages.
I WOULD LOVE TO SEE PICS OF THIS RESOURCE IN ACTION! Find me on any social media to share! @thecurioushippo