Making Change Activity
1. Students draw 3 products and price them under one dollar. For example, apples-63 cents, markers-45 cents, books-82 cents.
2. Students cut out 3 "products for sale" signs and lay them out on their desks.
3. Students grab a piece of blank paper to be used when they are subtracting to make change.
4. Students put their Ziploc baggies full of coins on their desks.
5. Half the students will first be buyers and the other half will be sellers. After 15 minutes, switch. Buyers will only be allowed to bring 4 quarters as they buy. This way, sellers will be forced to make change. Sellers will have to use subtraction to make change for the buyer. They will ONLY PRETEND to exchange money, both the buyers and sellers.
Copyright © 2019 Can't Stop Smiling, LLC
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.