Although this store's focus is math, Angie has also created many resources based on her mother's phonics lessons. Kids can learn the alphabet sounds by singing verses to the tune of "Are You Sleeping." This FREE resource is dedicated to Angie Seltzer's mother, Elinor Boeke (1933-2016). See related resources based on Elinor's ideas at the Reading With Color store. Click the links below.
USING THE RESOURCE
• Print 10 illustrated pages in black/white on standard paper.
• Fold pages in half and staple to make a mini book.
• Have students do activities related to each letter.
• This resource provides the foundation for letter sounds. Once kids know these sounds, practice ANY basic word list using color hints on vowels. For this surprisingly easy approach, see the Unique Phonics Bundle
. Instead of using lots of worksheets, teach phonics with activities and games!
TEACHERS' COMMENTS ON READING WITH COLOR RESOURCES
Best resource ever!
Great technique for my struggling readers!
Very useful for me as an ESL/ELL/ESOL teacher.
Wonderful ideas and just what I was looking for......thank you!
RESOURCES AT THE READING WITH COLOR STORE
• FREE Color Hints Poster
• Teacher's Guide and Dolch Word List
• 2200 Common Words With Phonics Hints
• Common Rhyming Words With Phonics Hints
RESOURCES WITH 24 THEMATIC WORDS
• FREE SAMPLE: School Supplies Mini-Book and Word Cards
• Foods Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Animals Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• Numbers and Shapes Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• School Supplies Poster, Word Cards, and Mini Book
• BUNDLE of FOUR PHONICS POSTERS
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Snakes
• Phonics Games & Word Cards About Frogs
• Reading With Color: Make Your Own Phonics Game
If you like this resource, please leave feedback and follow the Reading With Color store.