I created this FREE Monthly Fluency Student Tracking Sheet just for you! Setting goals will help your students make big gains in their fluency. Because I believe setting goals is integral to student success, I wanted to make sure you had these too!
Here's how you can use these:
1. Select up to 10 passages you would like to use for the month. (You can use passages from any program with this freebie!)
2. Write the titles of the passages in the "Passage Title" box.
3. Make your class copies.
4. Give one copy to each student at the beginning of the month. Be sure you have a place where they store it so they can easily access it each day.
5. Have your students write their individual goals in the cell labeled, "Goal WRR." (Words Read Right)
6. Have your students record their words read right each day. On the 3rd day, you can also give your students comprehension questions or a quick assessment to check for understanding. You can have the students record how many questions they answered correctly.
7. Ask your students to look back at their goal and write whether or not they met it. Celebrate when goals are met, but be sure to let your students know that goals are not always met every time. I would also make sure I spoke with my kids about setting realistic goals, so they know how to set them each time they get a new passage.
Need Fluency Passages?
Phonics Fluency and Comprehension Passages Bundle
2nd Grade Growing Bundle
1st Grade Growing Bundle