FREE NO PREP Student Led Conference Portfolio Script & Reflection handouts
Also included in
- This bundle includes every resource in my TPT store. ⭐ GET EVERYTHING so you don't have to worry about missing out! If you agree with this video at 2:09and you agree with my ideas about EFFORT at 15:52then you will love my stuff⭐ 38 teachers have INVESTED in this bundle so far! As I add resources,Price $164.25Original Price $328.50Save $164.25
This Student-Led Conference Portfolio Script for Elementary and Middle school students gives you a handout to structure parent-teacher conferences in a way that helps your students take more ownership of their learning.
This will ensure that your students don't forget any of the key information and are able to share with confidence the parts of their year they are most proud of.
As students talk about some of their successes and learning moments so far, parents are invited to look for some patterns in their learning.
There is a reflection (metacognition) section at the end for students to identify:
- when they learn best ...
- when they find it hardest to learn...
- how they might do even better at school...
Although students are responsible for their own learning, they are also asked to reflect on how parents / guardians can help them do even better at school.
The Script includes a guide for Reading, Writing, Math, Science, History, Geography, Physical Education, and a blank page for any subject.
The final handout is the reflection page for learning strategies. .
Each area has key prompts as well as a place to draw how they felt about that assignment.
Older students may balk at drawing, but the reality is that we learn in different ways. Reflecting on how we feel about learning might help us to identify patterns and hopefully come up with solutions to help us grow.
This package will ensure the conference runs smoothly and the parents / guardians receive all that key information!
What to do with your students next:
- If we feel really bad about how we are doing, then maybe we need a bigger why to get us through the tough times. Here's how to work SMARTER and not just HARDER.
- If we think we can't do math because we're just bad at math, and that's the way it is, then maybe we need to have a conversation about growth mindset. Here's how to build character and change our mindset.