Pacing boards are a must have in my therapy room! This freebie includes 12 fun and colorful pacing boards in varying lengths (2,3,4,5).
Print, laminate, and cut out each board.
Pacing boards can be used in so many different ways:
(1) Including final consonants: For CVC words, use the 2 image board and have the student tap out the sounds with his/her finger. Example: "bat" - tap "ba" on first image and emphasize the final consonant "t" on the second image.
(2) Breaking down syllables: Have the student tap out each syllable (one syllable per image) with his/her finger
(3) Slowing down speech: Have the student tap out each word of the phrase/sentence (one word per image) with his/her finger.
(4) Increasing utterance length: If the student says "ball", model using the pacing board (e.g., "I want ball) by tapping out each word
(5) Sounding out letters in words: Have the student sound out letters in words (one sound per image). Example: "C" tap "A" tap "T" tap