Also included in
- If you teach grades 2-5 and use digital resources (either in the classroom or for distance learning), this will give you a huge variety of products to use.This is a growing bundle of EVERY GOOGLE RESOURCE that I have available in my store. As new resources are created, they will be added to this bunPrice $221.20Original Price $316.00Save $94.80
- YEAR-LONG Podcast Listening Comprehension Worksheets - Both Printable Worksheets & Google Slides Versions Included for Distance LearningBut Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids BUNDLEPodcasts aren’t just for grown-ups anymore! This resource includes companion activities for the But Why podcast. ThesePrice $78.75Original Price $105.00Save $26.25
- Podcast Companion Activities - Both Printable Worksheets & Google Slides Versions Included for Distance LearningBut Why: A Podcast for Curious Kids EARTH SCIENCE BUNDLEPodcasts aren’t just for grown-ups anymore! This resource includes companion activities for the But Why podcast. These engagingPrice $12.00Original Price $15.00Save $3.00
Podcast Companion Activities - Both Printable Worksheets & Google Slides Versions Included for Distance Learning
BUT WHY: What's With the Weather?
Podcasts aren’t just for grown-ups anymore! This resource includes companion activities for the But Why podcast. These engaging and interesting podcasts begin with a question from a kid and contain loads of information from subject matter experts in that area. Your students will enjoy listening to But Why and learn a lot about a variety of topics. The episodes incorporate nicely into social studies and science units!
Here is a summary of the podcast episode:
"We're getting answers to all of your weather questions! Where does snow come from? Why do clouds stay up in the sky? How hot is lightning? What are thunderstorms? How is wind made? Those questions and more are answered by meteorologist Mark Breen, author of The Kids' Book of Weather Forecasting."
These are not generic questions to use with any podcast - the activities are specific to a single podcast episode. You will receive the same activities as BOTH printable worksheets and Google Slides.
1. Comprehension Questions - eight questions about the content to answer before, during, and after listening
2. Writing Prompt - an informational question about the podcast with room to plan and write a final copy
3. Word Search - hunt for vocabulary words from the podcast...this makes a great early finisher activity!
HOW TO LISTEN
It is easy (and free) for you and your students to listen to the podcast episodes from any device - you just need to be connected to the Internet. How to access the podcast:
1. Use the bit.ly link included in the file
2. Scan the QR code at the top of the worksheet
3. Go to the podcast website shown
Check out the YEAR-LONG BUNDLE to get 36 different sets of podcast activities at a major discount!
These resources are not created or licensed by Vermont Public Radio or the But Why podcast, however permission was given by the podcast creators and legal team for me to sell these resources on TpT.