How to Use This Chart?
1. Use it as a back-to-school icebreaker by calling out each emotion and having the students stand if the emotion fits how they’re feeling. Then make a tally chart so the class can decide which emotion their peers are feeling the least and most.
2. Use it in peer groups to encourage students to connect with one another by sharing their feelings and possible solutions.
3. Use it during one-on-one sessions for students who have a difficult time verbally expressing how they feel.
4. Each day before class begins, have students mark how they feel and return the chart to you. This is a great way to address and eliminate potential disruptive behavior with students who aren’t having such a good day. Be sure to speak with said students privately.
5. Use this chart any way you want! There are endless possibilities!