Also included in
- Create a peaceful classroom with the help social skills lessons in this BUNDLE of 6 SEL Monster books! These printable story books have been carefully designed to help you introduce and explore essential social skills and distance learning concepts in a funny, lighthearted way with the whimsical, si$23.80$29.75Save $5.95
- Create a peaceful classroom with the help of this 16-week Social Skills Program. This SEL program has been carefully designed to help you introduce and explore essential social skills and distance learning concepts in a funny, lighthearted way. Each of the units includes a 12-page printable social s$62.48$89.25Save $26.77
Create a peaceful classroom with the help of social skills lessons in SEL Monster books and lessons! This unit is part of a 16-week social skills program, but this resources pack can be used alone as well!
They are carefully designed to help you introduce and explore essential social skills concepts in a funny, lighthearted way.
The books can be printed in full color for your classroom library, or projected to read aloud as a PDF e-book.
- This download includes a PDF version of “How Monsters Wear Masks" to print for your class library, or project onto a white board and read aloud.
- Questions at the end of the story to reinforce concepts and understanding.
- A 5-day lesson plan with templates for group lessons, journal writing, vocabulary and more fun activities.
- You can see more pictures of the books and lesson plans HERE.
As an ebook, the story is best viewed in Adobe Acrobat (Full Screen Mode)
There is no preview for this resource as it is a FREE download!
You can, however, see a preview of all the stories available by clicking any of the choices below:
1. How Monsters Show Emotions (identifying emotions: expressions and body language)
2. How Monsters Learn At Home (Distance Learning Rules)
3. How Monsters Stop Germs From Spreading (hand washing, etc.)
4. How Monsters Calm Down (calm down strategies)
5. How Monsters Respect Diversity (celebrating differences)
6. How Monsters Wear Masks (proper ways to wear masks) FREE!
BUNDLE 2 (Click HERE to see the whole bundle)
7. How Monsters Spread Kindness (Examples and benefits of kind acts)
8. How Monsters Focus On Tasks (Concentration strategies)
9. How Monsters Say Sorry (When and how to apologize when you make a mistake)
10. How Monsters Have Manners (Examples and importance of being polite)
11. How Monsters Solve Problems (8 actionable problem solving strategies for kids)
12. How Monsters Have Personal Space (Respecting personal space)
13. How Monsters Persevere (Keep trying even when it's hard, and the power of YET)
14. How Monsters Follow Rules (Following directions and class rules)
15. How Monsters Use Math Strategies (Using math strategies to help with frustration)
16. How Monsters Learn From Mistakes (Mistakes are okay; the power of YET)
These are PDF files. Please ensure you have the correct programs to open and use them. If you have any trouble with downloading or printing, please read the help on this page: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Help
If you still need troubleshooting, please email email@example.com and the TPT tech team will be happy to help you.
The Monster Books are also available in another bundle sold separately as interactive, DIGITAL read-alouds! Hosted on Boom Learning, students can enjoy the stories on any computer or device, and listen to the story being read aloud!
The digital version also includes interactive, self-checking questions at the end of each book to reinforce skills. These can be enjoyed on any device your students are using!
CLICK HERE to see a few sample pages from the audio book version hosted at BOOM Learning. Please note that it will be a separate purchase from this listing, so you may wish to choose either printed OR audio as they are sold separately. Thank you!
The digital version of this story is also free, but it is hosted over on the Boom Learning website in order to use the interactive and audio capabilities. You can click below to instantly see a few sample pages, or you can grab the entire free audio book after making a free account over at Boom Learning. See below for the choices:
(This requires a free BOOM LEARNING account to access the whole read-aloud story with interactive activities, however sign up is quick, and there is NO charge whatsoever!)
Would you like to see a huge list of resources all on one page?
Just click the category below that you'd like to browse:
Click to see all SOCIAL SKILLS resources
Click to see all ART resources
Click to see all WRITING resources
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read my TOU first as many questions are answered there:
You can see ALL clip art and early literacy sets organized in one place by clicking Whimsy Workshop Teaching -- simply choose a tab at the top of the page to explore!
Don't miss out on free and discounted resources by keeping in touch!
Whimsy Workshop Teaching
Please read my TOU first as many questions are answered there.
This download allows for single classroom use only. If you know of other teachers who wish to have their own copy of this resource, please email the TPT product link so colleagues can purchase their own legal copy and receive any updates in the future. Thank you for respecting my TOU and hard work.
No part of the resource may be reproduced, resold, distributed or claimed (including the graphics). The contents may NOT be posted online publicly.