This is a center that I use sometimes that students tend to love. You can use this one of two ways..
1. Teachers types selected skill words on player tokens prior to students using the center, and then students simply read the word before they play their token.
2. Students choose a color, take turns typing their words on their game pieces, and then simply read the word before they play their token. This is a great way to integrate spelling practice and typing fluency!
Either way, the words replace the typical x's and o's, but all other rules remain the same. This center is intended for 2-4 students. Words selected should be mastered or students should be paired with someone who is able to help them if they get stuck on a word.
TO ADD A WORD:
1. double click the token you wish to add a word to.
2. change the font size to your preference.
3. type the selected word.
4. click out of the text box (elsewhere on the screen).
5. complete all player tokens.
6. voila, play tic-tac-toe!