Also included in
- Do you need FUN and EFFECTIVE online activities to build and assess rhythm reading? These sequential rhythm dictation music games are the perfect solution for distance learning and in the music classroom. Boom Cards provide instant checking and reinforcement as students listen and build musical patt$15.95$20.75Save $4.80
Do you need a FREE and EFFECTIVE online activity to build and assess rhythm reading? This simple rhythm dictation music game is the perfect solution for distance learning and in the music classroom. Boom Cards provide instant checking and reinforcement as students listen and build musical patterns, all in a game atmosphere.
**CLICK HERE to sample Music Literacy Games on Boom Learning. Be sure to scroll down to see all the choices.
- Quarter note
- Quarter rest
- Rhythmic Dictation Primer - Quarter note/rest (FREE)
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 1-A | Quarter note/eighth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 1-B | Quarter note/rest, eighth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 2 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, half note
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 3 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, sixteenth notes
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 4 - Quarter note, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, eighth/2 sixteenth
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 5 - Quarter note, eighth notes, sixteenth notes, 2 sixteenth/eighth
- Rhythmic Dictation Set 6 - Quarter note/rest, eighth notes, syncopation
Using NO-PREP Boom Cards
- Cards can be used as centers, for practice, or assessment.
- Boom cards are compatible with most whiteboards, iPads, chrome books, or computers.
- They may also be assigned with Google Classroom™.
Differentiation is Easy with Boom Cards
- Assign the level at which each student is ready.
- Students may repeat a level as many times as necessary.
- They may work at their own pace, advancing when they have mastered each level.
- Students are motivated to earn incentives and they progress.
*Note: All of our Boom Cards are set to "randomize." This means that each student will see the cards in a different order. And each time a student repeats a set, the order will be different as well. This prevents students from simply memorizing the order of the answers.
- Melodic Dictation Set 1 - So, Mi (FREE)
- Melodic Dictation Set 2 - So, La, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 3 - Do, Re, Mi
- Melodic Dictation Set 4 - Do, Re, Mi + So
- Melodic Dictation Set 5 - Do, Mi, So
- Melodic Dictation Set 6 - Do, Mi, So + La
- Melodic Dictation Set 7 - Do, Re, Mi, So, La
Click to preview all 7 sets in this fun Melody Builder Dictation BUNDLE.
- Set 1 - Treble Clef Spaces | BASIC (FREE)
- Set 2 - Treble Clef Lines | BASIC
- Set 3 - Treble Clef Lines & Spaces | BASIC
- Set 4 - Treble Clef Spaces | EXTENDED
- Set 5 - Treble Clef Lines | EXTENDED
- Set 6 - Treble Clef Lines & Spaces EXTENDED
Click to preview all 6 sets in this engaging Treble Clef Note Name BUNDLE.
- Teachers must create a FREE Boom Learning account to use Boom cards with your students. Fast play mode may be used with a FREE account.
- Boom Cards are an online product. You must have online access to use this resource.
- This download contains a PRIVATE LINK for you to access purchased games.
**Due to large class sizes, I always recommend the FREE account for music teachers.
Boom Cards live in the cloud and require an internet connection. They play on most modern browsers, Android, iPads, iPhones, and Kindle Fires. Teachers must create a FREE Boom Learning account to use Boom Cards (to protect children). Teachers may create Fast Play pins to assign your Boom Cards to students.
Boom Learning also has premium accounts. Premium accounts offer advanced assignment tools, individual and whole class performance tracking, and more. If you are a new Boom Learning customer, when you redeem your Boom Cards purchase you get a 90-day free trial of a premium account. When your trial ends, you can renew or move to a free account. You may upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time. Free accounts must assign Boom Cards with Fast Play pins.
If you are new to Boom Cards and need more information about getting started, click on the links below. I promise, it is not hard and you are going to LOVE using them! My mom even plays my dictation sets to help her with sight reading in the church choir.
- Blog Post | Boom Task Cards in Elementary Music
- Blog Post | Ways to Use Boom Task Cards in Music Classes
- Blog Post | Boom Cards for Developing Music Literacy
If you are looking for music reading lessons using ICONIC and STANDARD music notation, don't pass up the resources below.
- Rhythm Reading Activity BUNDLE
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - So, La, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Re, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So
- Music Literacy Activity BUNDLE - Do, Mi, So, La
Don't forget to leave feedback. You earn TpT credit every time you leave feedback. That pays too!
Thank you and be sure to let me know if have any questions.