What is a Scavenger Hunt activity?
Scavenger Hunts are a great game for students to practice verb forms, and they can work at their own pace! Students get to get up out of their seats, rather than simply fill in verb forms on a worksheet. Some students will race each other to see who can finish first and others will take their leisurely time. The last verb students get to will lead loop them back to their first verb, so students can start anywhere in the loop of verbs.
How do you set up a Scavenger Hunt activity?
- the teacher posts half-sheets with verbs on them around the room
- students start at any verb near them
- students read the subject pronoun-infinitive pair and write the conjugation on their paper
- they find the conjugated verb around the room
- they walk over to it and read the next subject pronoun-infinitive pair
This Scavenger Hunt is for regular present tense -AR verbs and includes 10 verbs.
This game is ideal for a Spanish 1 class in middle or high school. This game would also be great as a review for Spanish 2 or 3 classes.
This zip file includes:
- one Scavenger Hunt activity with 10 present tense -AR verbs
- an answer key
- a teacher's guide
This freebie is a smaller version of the paid product with 25 verbs and two versions. The paid product includes a hard version with wrong answer possibilities and "try again" written under the wrong answer so students know they chose the incorrect option. That product is available HERE.
Other Scavenger Hunt topics available in my store: