Celebrate spring with this math-oriented emergent reader! You’ll reinforce number recognition (1 -10), number word recognition (one to ten), one-to-one matching, and more. Based on the song “10 Little Indians”, your crew will be reading—and singing—in no time!
Each child will need:
1. A set of the half-page booklet pages (pages 3 - 8)
2. Art supplies – scissors, pencils, crayons (or alternately use thinned paints, stamp pads, sticky dots, flower stickers, construction paper scraps & glue, and/or bingo daubers)
1. Have each child stack the booklet pages in order. Staple in the left corner. Have her draw two flowers on the title page.
2. Direct students to draw and color the appropriate number of flowers indicated on each page.
3. On the final page, have each child draw a picture of the person who will receive the flowers!
4. A fun way to complete this booklet is to use a different art technique on each page. For example, children can cut out a flower from construction paper scraps and glue it to one page, make thumbprint flowers for another page, sticky dots for another, etc.
Want to get TPT credit to use on future purchases? Pop over to your ‘My Purchases’ page. Beside each purchase is a ‘Provide Feedback’ button. When you click it, you’ll be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a brief comment for this product. Then you’ll earn TPT credit! ♥
Be sure to click the star near my KindyKats logo to follow me!
All rights reserved by author. This product is for your classroom or personal use. You may reference this product in blog posts, at seminars, professional development workshops, or other such venues provided there is both credit given to me as the author and a link back to my TPT store is included in your post or presentation. You may not claim this work as your own, modify the files in any way, or remove the copyright. You may not sell the files or combine them into another unit for sale
Clip art and elements found in this file are copyrighted and cannot be extracted and used outside of this file without permission or license. See the last pages for clip art and font credits. Thank you!