Are you planning a unit on oceans or marine mammals? Is your school mascot an otter? Do you just love otters because they’re so cute? Whatever the reason, you can teach your students to draw one using my step-by-step pictures with captions that’s also a handout for the kids!
Besides the art lesson, I’ve also included these activities and handouts to integrate art with academics:
- recommendations for children’s literature to introduce & reinforce the art, writing and math.
- a list of fiction and nonfiction otter books that have a short synopsis for each.
- a true/false assessment with answer key for one of the nonfiction books.
- Sea Otter cover and writing page to make a class book.
- Greater than and Less Than worksheet for #1 - 20
Please take a moment to leave your feedback. It helps me stay motivated to create new lessons and improve the ones I already have.
If you like this lesson, please pin it to your pinterest page or a collaborative board. Thank you!