Mathematical Practice 3 emphasize that students should be able to critique the reasoning of others
How often do we wish to stop the common mistakes from occurring? How often do we wish to emphasize to our students not to make a particular error? How often do we wish that we could show our students all the "possible" common errors and have them analyze it?
This product contains "ERROR ANALYSIS" cards which deal with common mistakes in different area of mathematics and different topics of Algebra I and Algebra II. I have comprised a list of possible mistakes that students make when they're asked to work with a certain topic in Algebra I and Algebra II and included these mistakes in cards. A "POSSIBLE" answer key is provided in two different formats: A chart and on the Error Analysis Cards as well. Please use your own way of rewriting/rewording the answer key to bond with your students.
Students will be engaged in these Error Analysis cards. In each of the cards, a scenario is given with the wrong calculation of the slope. The student will be asked to:
1. Identify the error and explain it
2. Solve the problem correctly
3. Provide a helpful strategy or hint to avoid making this mistake in the future.
You could provide the student with the Error Analysis card to answer on it, or, use the attached answer form.
When could you use Error Analysis Cards?
Here are some suggestions:
- Cooperative Learning
- Pair Share
- Warm-Ups (to do now/Bell work)
- Entrance/Exit Ticket
- When some time is left at the end of the class regardless of the topic being taught
- Homework assignment
- Review before a quiz (major test) on this concept
- with Communicators
- .... etc. (Be creative :-) )
This Freebie will contain one of the cards from every "ERROR ANALYSIS" product I'll be designing. Therefore, this FREEBIE will be updated constantly and I will be informing whoever downloads it with the update. The update will indicate that I have included a new "ERROR ANALYSIS" set of cards over a different topic. I am hoping that it will help our students to be better in their critiquing skills and avoid making the common mistakes.
Available ERROR ANLYSIS products are:
- Error Analysis - Slope from Graphs Cards & Answers
- Error Analysis - Slope from Points & Equations
- BUNDLE * ERROR ANALYSIS Finding the slope from graphs, points, and equations
- Error Analysis - Solving QUADRATIC EQUATION by FACTORING
- Error Analysis - Solving One-Step Linear Inequalities
- Error Analysis - Solving Two and Multi-Step Linear Inequalities
Enjoy and I thank you for visiting my store!!!